Sunday, February 14, 2010

Are you still laughing?

Yesterday I gave you all a good laugh with my Churn Dash block that just wouldn't work out right. 
This morning I took that lemon and made some lemonade. 


I didn't want to sew it all so I used software (Photoshop Elements) to make a virtual quilt. Just so you know that my Humility Block would make a rather interesting quilt.  If I knew how to write up a pattern, I would publish this baby!  (any of you that can do that,  and are interested, contact me.) 


I give you----(drumroll)   The Humility Quilt!



12 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

Way to make lemonade!! Gorgeous!

Diah Rothman said...

WOW......! The only word that came across right now...!(Busy admiring)

Tangos Treasures said...

Nice!

Sue said...

See??? I TOLD you that some of life's greatest inventions were born of mistakes! I'll bet if you played with it in EQ, you could come up with all kinds of amazing patterns. You're so good that even your mistakes look great, Gene! I raise my glass of lemonade to you!

ooglebloops said...

Yup, we all have those mess-ups- but you recovered quite gracefully!!!That would make a great notecard series!!!

Rhonda said...

Gene, this is fantastic.....I love it. If you need help writing the instructions for the blocks.....let's talk via "E".
I have some experience...LOL

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, wow, that is really cool!

Barb said...

Now I really like that...... Great idea for a pattern...looks great....I know we could put our heads together but you already have someone above me with experience....go for it!!!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

That looks great!!
Dontcha wish that it was real?

Anonymous said...

It's another "GB Original"! Great recovery. :)

Lindi said...

It's amazing what wonderful things come out of mistakes, in the creative world. You've Churned out a Dashing quilt! Well done, Gene!

Anonymous said...

Way to go - that lemon has certainly turned to very nice lemonade, that is a great design.