Friday, February 26, 2010

The Winning Team

The quilt I made for "Quilts for Kids" is finished. So I am posting a few pictures of it.
I tried to quilt around the cars in most of the car blocks.

Then I did a little bit of writing with my free motion quilting. On one end I put "Cars" -- Oh and don't you love the binding...it is the same fabric as the backing. 

On the other end, "Race"


Finally, a picture of the quilt and a close up of some of my free motion stitching.


I hope this quilt goes to a child that will truly enjoy it and feel the love that I put into it.
I named it "The Winning Team" in hopes that it would give the child a boost in morale.

15 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

Some child is going to love your quilt. I've loved participating in this project.

Unknown said...

Gene, They will just love it!!

Barb said...

That turned out so wonderful and fun!!

Greg said...

Way to go Gene! That quilt will bring a smile to one lucky kid.

^A^ngel said...

It turned out soo well!! Big hug and kiss for you...for all the time and love you put into this project...

God Bless,

^A^ngel♥

Lindi said...

I love seeing quilts made with childhood in mind. Your quilt will be a big hit, Gene!

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks awesome! Nice job writing!
Mine is on the frame.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Looks fantastic!! It will be a well loved quilt! How did you finish the edges? Noticed the zig-zag stitching...

Royce said...

Such bright and cheery colors. Love the fabrics. Great job and such a wonderful thing to do.

Anonymous said...

This is incredible, your free-motion quilting is so impressive! Yes, I do love the binding!

Pat said...

Love how this turned out and what a TERRIFIC idea for a name.

Rhonda said...

Great job Gene......and what thoughtful words.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Gene, love your quilting idea on the car quilt. I know the child that gets you quilt will love it. Congratulations on your win of the jelly roll.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love this, Gene. The colors are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I came back over to see this and apparently am way behind on my blog reads! I'm liking your Jelly Roll Quilt along...congrats on that win too by the way (jelly roll).
Scott Murkin is a friend of mine and he was telling me that Joe Cunningham has a new book coming out called Men That Quilt. Had you heard?