Sunday, April 25, 2010

6th Photo "Challenge"

My friend Pat was challenged to do this. She tagged me. So here is the 6th photo that was ever posted in my blog.
This is a painting that I did in 2006. I have since sold this painting. I do however have a high quality file to use for prints.
This painting was made using what I call the "play with your paints" method. I did not start out intending to make a landscape at all. However the "smooshed" paint lent itself beautifully to making this scene. Sometimes an angel guides your hand. After the smooshed paint dried, and I saw the magic, all I did was embellish it.

I am not tagging anyone. If you want to do this, comment and let us know so we can check your blog. (other comments are welcomed also!!!!)

6 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for playing along, Gene. I love that painting!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the suggestion of water reflection of the tree images -- a lovely interpretation of your guiding angel's work!

Sam said...

Good Morning, Gene, Thanks for sharing Blue Fall Reflections. It's 6:30 here and you've already made my day!

Barb said...

Love your painting Gene....it is just beautiful!

Pokey said...

Nice painting, I like your trees, and the painting direction, "smoosh"! I'll have to use that term when painting with my students, lol
:-} pokey

Rhonda said...

Great photo Gene!!!