Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moose on the Porch Quilt along.Block 4, I think



Okay, so I hope the Moose on the Porch Quilt Police are on vacation. I guess I was too tired for this.
I had printed off the instructions, but the PDF cut off part of it. (the left side and the bottom)
I thought I had enough to go on.....OOPS! Bad assumption. I had made all the parts, I thought. I sewed it all together....ironed it nicely,

WHAT?!?!?! It isn't wide enough.

So I pulled out the PDF file and looked it over. Oh @#$#@ There are six stripes not five.! What to do? seam rip it all out? Not hardly! Toss it and start again..no thanks, I am afraid I would run out of Jelly Roll before the quilt along was over.

I know: FAKE IT! LOL. I have a new word now. This block is not just unique. Oh no! It is "extraunique" I figure that even people using the same Jelly Roll will have very different blocks. But they will have blocks that are the same. -right? Not me...I did a number on this one.
The Strip at the left side is the add on strip. I said, hmmm... looked at the leftover pieces and made it fit. You can see the design is "off" a bit.
Okay, another confession. When I first cut the pretty red strips I cut them 2.5 square NOT the 2.5 by 3.5 specified. I found that BEFORE I sewed. So I put those aside. Well, ya see, I decided to just use one of them for the add on strip.
So here is my quirky block. No, not quirky -- it is extraunique.

Hey don't forget the previous post and the giveaway with it. I will be adding a FQ of a batik fabric and some other stuff to it also. (other stuff includes more fabric I am thinking. )

8 comments:

Pat said...

I didn't do block #4 yet...but hope to get to it tomorrow. I think we will all be varying our blocks at some point along the way...either intentionally or accidentally! Yours looks just fine!

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Moose on the Porch Quilt Police here -- you're in luck, I would've done something similar in that situation, so you are safe. In my book, quilting is all about expressing your creativity, so cheers to your extraunique look!

Elizabeth said...

Chocolate is a quilter's staple -- because we're always fudging. And we are our own worst critics. I think your block looks nice.

Tangos Treasures said...

Hummm I see nothing wrong with it?? Looks great from my house!!

Lindi said...

I love the fabrics you have used and I think the block looks good. :)
It's a Moose Stepping off the Porch!
I much prefer your Geneique blocks, to traditional ones, Gene! :)

ooglebloops said...

Imperfection makes it unique!!! I always have at least one "error" in all my quilts !!LOL

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud here -- this isn't 'off' or 'quirky' at all, it's just another original! We've come to expect no less from you. :)

Rhonda said...

Whew! Seems the Moose Police caught you but have approved and so do I. I love it!