Sunday, April 18, 2010

Great Weekend - Finish and small projects

Wow.   My plan was to put the binding on my quilt Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday) nights.  I sewed it all together Thursday of last week and pressed it.   However, I couldn't wait.  After a nice weekend where I relaxed, and did some small projects, I just had a fun Sunday night watching television (recorded sewing shows) and sewing on binding.
First, here are the small projects I did.  I used my serger to make some eyeglass cases and a little neck purse.

You can see I like the blue and red fabrics - I used them twice. 

Next up, the finished quilt on my bed.  We are expecting some cool nights so I will get to use it!  Yaay! 

I am thinking that the bed skirt will have to go.  I need a solid tan or cream skirt so it doesn't fight visually with my quilts.  I suppose I could make one, but I would rather quilt or make some more cute projects. 

9 comments:

eva said...

Looks Lovely on the bed!!!

xo
eva

Andrea said...

Hurray for Gene - it's a beauty. I LOVE binding - I could sit and do it for hours on end. Hope you have many nights of peaceful sleep under it xx

Pat said...

The quilt looks wonderful, Gene! I also like the purse and eyeglass cases. What a productive weekend you had!!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow you have been busy!! Everything looks great!
Musta missed the post on you getting a serger? Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the bed skirt absolutely has to go. I'd probably leave it. I see it as an interesting sort of stage or platform. The colors are good! But if it bothers you, then by all means a plain one is what you should get. Great weekend!

Barb said...

Your quilt is wonderful as is the purse...but did I miss a post where you got a serger? If so, how do you like it?

Joanne Lendaro said...

The serger can be fun! Love the little things that you made. Could have used the little purse last week. They gave us this HUGE bright green thing to keep our stuff in....I of course, didn't/wouldn't wear it. Did hear tales of it ruining a couple of blouses.....oops...

Quilt looks good, and I know how nice the fabric feels!

Joanna said...

Your quilt is truly stunning, and I love the little purse you made.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Love the cases and purse. The colors are great! And for what it would cost in time (and fabrics unless you get a great deal) it is probably worth it to just buy a new bedskirt. Your quilt looks great!