Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mail's in - Back from the Longarm Woman!

My first design - quilted


I was so excited today. I got this big box in the mail. I knew it was coming but I still had a hard time containing myself. You see, I have never had anyone quilt for me. Plus, I designed the pattern for this quilt by myself. At the time I didn't even know what a "rail fence" pattern was. After sitting in a bag for over a year (the top was finished in January 2009) I had it quilted.

I am so very pleased with the work. Joanne at Insanely Cheap Quilting Blog is the quilter I used. Her prices are excellent!
For simple meandering solid color thread, she will quilt a queen size quilt....yes I said QUEEN SIZE... for $65. I also let her supply the batting (it was as cheap or cheaper than I could buy) so I didn't have to ship that. The batting she used is Warm and Natural -my favorite!

Joanne does not do "show quilting" She quilts for people who need those tops that they made with love quilted so they can be used. Personally I am not making show quilts. But I do love making quilts to be put on the bed and keep a body warm. Now, I can't easily quilt a full or queen sized quilt on my home machine. So Joanne is the perfect solution for someone like me.

If you have some quilt tops that you have made and they are still waiting for "someday" -- you are in luck! Today is a perfect someday. get in touch with Joanne and get those quilts ready to use. (well, you will have to bind it when it gets home - that is on my gotta do list for this pretty baby.)
I am adding a picture of the quilting detail on a couple of blocks. To me this is the perfect amount of quilting on a big quilt. 




Don't forget- go to  Insanely Cheap Quilting and get those beauties out of the closet and onto your beds!

19 comments:

~Laurie~ said...

The quilt looks just beautiful!

Pat said...

It looks WONDERFUL, Gene...I am going to send her a quilt top someday......need to make a big one for the guest bedroom at some point, so will send that to her.

Barb said...

The quilt is soooo wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful gene!! so happy you're making usable quilts.

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippiee!! Looks great!!

Rhonda said...

Looks good Gene!!!! And thanks for the link to the quilter.

Sue said...

That quilt looks so great. No wonder you are thrilled with it.

Melissa ;-) said...

Gene, it is wonderful! Thanks for the link. I can't imagine making a quilt that wasn't to be used (though I can't imagine ever quilting a queen sized quilt)!

Jandi said...

It looks great! And what an excellent price! I have a couple of tops waiting to be quilted because I can't afford to have them done and don't want to do them on my home machine. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Unknown said...

it looks great........

Elizabeth said...

I love getting a quilt back from the machine quilter's! I have to say (again) how pretty your quilt is! Thanks for sharing so much quilty goodness :D.

Sarah said...

I knew that if you ever started sewing we would never hear the end of it :)

Great quilt and great price for quilting! I sit for you?

Sarah said...

I mean, IS IT for you?

Gene Black said...

Sarah asked if it is for me - unfortunately she is set to "no reply" --But YES this quilt is for me.

Micki said...

The quilt is just gorgeous and she did a lovely job on the machine quilting.
You will enjoy that quilt on your bed, Gene!
Micki

Lindi said...

Looks fabulous Gene! It's nice getting something done for you while you can get busy on other stuffs, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt! Glad you enjoyed the long arm experience. I've yet to do that.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Thanks for the kind words Gene. It was my pleasure to take your wonderful top to the next step toward being completed! Be more than happy to work with you again.

bingo~bonnie said...

congrats on your WIN over at I Have a Notion - click on over to check out her list... your name is on it!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie