Thursday, April 01, 2010

Off to see the Longarm woman!

I don't know if any of you remember this top I made quite a while back


It has been sitting in a bag wondering if I had forgotten it.
Today it headed out on a trip to see someone who will tender work on it until it becomes a real Quilt!

I sent it to one of my followers who also does long arm quilting for NON-show quilts. After all, I am going to put this on the bed and use it so that is what I want!

Joanne has a blog (or two) one is Insanely Cheap Quilting   And the other is her personal blog,  Splitting  Stitches.    So when I get this quilt back in my hot little hands, I am going to tell you how Joanne did on my quilt. (How is that for putting on some pressure?)

If you are wondering, I made up the pattern for this quilt.  It is really pretty easy to do, but I wanted to use the FQs and Jelly Roll of fabric so it was all matchy matchy.  I downloaded the fabric swatch images and put it in EQ.  Here is how it looked on my computer screen.
  Okay, so I didn't use exactly all the fabrics, but I did stick with the COLORS so it is really close.  Ha, I can't even follow my own pattern exactly!

Yep, I am waiting to see what Joanne does with this.  I am thinking an overall meander --maybe I could do it myself, but I really REALLY didn't want to wrestle this queen sized quilt thru my domestic machine!

10 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE THAT TOP. I'am also thinking of having her do a top for me. Looks like she does beautiful work. I'll stop by and see how it looks when it's finished. I bet, "fabulous".

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I love it when a quilt gets quilted. Love your colors and design. I'm big into 'matchy-matchy,' even with the back. Can't wait to see it when it gets back.

Rhonda said...

WOW, Gene....that quilt top is great. I love the layout and the colors you chose. Can't wait to see it quilted......oh and thanks for link to your friend........I'm popping over and saving her blog addy.

Pat said...

I remember that quilt and am sure it will come back being very snuggly for you!

Tangos Treasures said...

Cool can't wait to see it finished!!

Joanna said...

That's a nice design. And if the designer can't take liberties with his design, who can?

Anonymous said...

Love the fabrics in this quilt, it will be beautiful long-armed!

eva said...

Beautiful......
i love NON show quilts....too!!

xo
eva

Joanne Lendaro said...

haha!! NO PRESSURE!!

Lynda said...

Don't you just LOVE The Longarm Quilting Woman....I have one too and she is a TREASURE!! LOL