Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fallen?

Have I fallen off the face of the earth?  No, my dear readers.  I have not fallen.  Life has conspired to keep me very busy.  Work has taken more of my time than usual.  I really feel like I need to post something clever on my blog. Sadly, I don't have anything interesting  to post today.

I had a flash drive failure with a document that took my sewing time last night.  The document was the pattern I am writing and it was G -O - N- E  gone, gone gone.  YIKES!  I had decided that I could start from scratch and write it all again.   The prospect wasn't a happy one.  I had spent a LOT of time writing and (hopefully) perfecting what I had already written.   Today I checked another computer that I was SURE it wasn't on.   I found a copy, I am sure it isn't everything I had perfected. BUT I don't have to start from the beginning.

My Goal is to have the pattern FINISHED by August 23rd.  There are a few things that could hinder that.  I will be patient sitting a friend who is having surgery on his arm next week on Thursday and Friday. That could be a blessing (time to type and proof) OR a curse - too busy doing "nursing/waiting on" to work on it. Only time will tell.

I hope you are having more sewing time than I am.

Hey, I noticed that my followers list is growing!  I see a few of you on that list that have never left a comment.
Here is your chance.  Just say "Hi" or something.  Comments are welcomed and it encourages me to post.  Tell me what YOU would like to see on my blog.  (I am not promising anything, but I do like to keep you happy.)

Gene

14 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Glad you are back among us...I know how hard it is to keep up with a busy life. Good luck with the pattern perhaps we will get a preview soon!

Pat

Unknown said...

just your purty face........good luck with typing, or with nursing

Pat said...

I love your videos......of quilting stuff AND of penny-whistle playing and TimTam dunking!!! Of course it's always interesting when you show us a new way of doing something. Oh, wait...you wanted some of your NEW followers to comment...not just us "oldies" (but goodies??) LOL

Patty said...

Gene you think you were gone for a while I just posted tonight for the first time over a month! So don't feel so bad. Glad to hear you were able to find at least part of that pattern you're working on.

luv2quilt2 said...

Computers can be such wonderful tools, or such horrible hindrances!! So glad you found at least some of your pattern. Good to see you back.

Amy said...

So sorry you lost your document and all of the work you had put into it. But good that you didn't have to start completely over.

Barb said...

I was going to email you after I read some blogs and was glad that you had posted....glad you have not fallen into some black hole somewhere...sorry about your pattern...it is so frustrating and a pain to have to rewrite.

SewCalGal said...

Hi Gene. Sorry about your flash drive failure. Not fun. While it sounds like you can't read anything from it, are you able to write to it? I had one that recently let me write to it and when I did all my old files reappeared. There are also a couple of free utilities on the web that help to recover these drives, so don't give up completely.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Gene, we met on connecting threads and I have been looking in most days to see what you are up to. I must be one of the silent minority who are sending your numbers up! Barb B

Karen H said...

Hi Gene....... I enjoy your reading your blog. I am new to blogging myself. You'll have to visit my blog sometime...Small Town Quilter. I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, and need some inspiration, too. I have been working on a project that I can't post - a gift for a niece.

Petit Design Co. said...

glad you had a partial back up. If it was me I would step away for like a week or a month!

Royce said...

I live in fear of computer failure. Glad you didn't have to go back to zero.

ooglebloops said...

I know how you feel - real life has been keeping me away from cyber life lately!! Altho I have been wanting to post about the goings on in real life - just haven't had the time!!!LOL

Quilting Lab said...

Hate glitches!! Good luck on the redo! Again my biggest success of the week is thanks to you and your lesson on collar removal!!!
Sherry