Monday, August 02, 2010

Final piece of the puzzle

Over in my sidebar is a button for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along 2010 at Moose on the Porch Quilts blog.  We started on March 1st and made a block every two weeks.  I was always ready to make the next block.  And now suddenly, WHAM!  today the last block was posted.  I was finished with the block before I realized that I was at the end of the quilt along. 
Next up, we will sash and border the quilt top.   Konda said we would make the quilt 58" by 72" but I am thinking I will just make my outside sashing wider and not add the final border.  Thus mine will probably be 48" by 62" which is  a nice lap quilt size, I think.  


Here is that final block for you to see how I did mine.  I plan to do the sashing in heavy muslin with leftover pieces of the jelly roll as cornerstones Although leaving out the cornerstones would eliminate the point matching (which you can see in the picture I don't always succeed in doing.)


Block 12 from Blue Nickel Studios

11 comments:

Pat said...

Love the blocks and really love the fabrics you used. Nice going. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Quilting!

Pat said...

I still didn't make Block #11....but have printed the directions for both that and the last block. I'll do them eventually. Your Block #12 turned out very nice.

luv2quilt2 said...

These have been so much fun to make. I love how your block turned out.

Jandi said...

I always blame anything that "looks" like I didn't match the points on my camera. Feel free to copy me.

Barb said...

Your block turned out wonderfully!! Can't wait to see it finished and thanks for reminding me. Gotta get busy...

Anonymous said...

Really a nice one, looking forward to the whole project!

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks nice, can't wait to see it all done!

sewfunquilts said...

Another great job, by the multi-talented Gene...the GREAT!

quiltingnana said...

I enjoy seeing what you have done

Dayna said...

Beautiful block! Love seeing your work on your blog AND it was great fun seeing you in STUDIOS magazine.

Vesuviusmama said...

Lovely block!