Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adding Flowers to a Quilty Garden

On a previous post, I asked if I should add applique to the Monet's Quilt Garden project.  Since the answers were not decisive, and I had this new GO! Daisy die,   and since I had seen where Laura "Artfabrik" Wasilowski used the die creatively - well what else could I do?  I couldn't resist the challenge. So I took the die and cut pieces.
I cut pieces from green for leaves and from a yellow to orange hand-dye fabric for petals. I also cut some small bias strips for stems freehand.  Here is my creation:
(yes I did fusible applique!) 
Aren't those little flowers adorable. You knew I wouldn't make daisies with the daisy die, didn't you?

New Question - do you think some butterflies or birds in the sky would add to it?

14 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Sweet! This is something I want to try. I like your execution.

I like the butterfly idea. I think birds might throw the perspective. But then I am a little weird about things being fairly proportional.
Either way, though, I'm sure YOU would make it look amazing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Turned out really nice. I love butterflies!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks beautiful! Love it!

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Very, very pretty and yes, add some butterflies.

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks great! Yes add a butterfly or a dragonfly!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm not good at envisioning things but now that you have the flowers there, I think the butterflies would be wonderful. You're so creative! Love it!

Donna said...

Butterflies would be adorable. I love butterflies! Your quilt is looking wonderful.

Unknown said...

LOVE these flowers! And yes! Critters of some sort would be super!

Barbara said...

Oooooh, this is lovely! I couldn't picture it before, but it works beautifully. And yes, I knew. ;)

Marsha said...

I would add birds. Gorgeous quilt!

Barb said...

Love what you are doing Gene!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The flowers were a wonderful addition! A few butterflies just might be nice too :)

Sarah said...

Good call- the flowers add a focal point to the gorgeous background. I love it :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

Yes butterflies would look great...but it looks great now too!