Monday, August 15, 2011

Flutter by my Butterflies

The most comments on the previous post said to add the butterflies.  So I did some more fusible applique to make the butterflies.  They seemed to get lost in the design more than I liked, so I went multimedia on this piece.  
I took the piece to my painting area and got paint and fabric medium. I used the paint to change the color and tones of the butterflies.  What you can't see in the picture is that I added some paint that shimmers and sparkles in with the colored paint. This will be a fun wall hanging.  
Monet's Garden with flowers and butterflies.
Now, all I need to do is back it, quilt it and add a hanging sleeve. 


10 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Came out great!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I would never have thought of such a thing!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

It's beautiful!! The butterflies were the perfect touch!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Looks great! Your creativity and talent always amaze me.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's beautiful! So glad you added the butterflies.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How creative...paint. I just love it!

Billie in TX

Rhonda said...

Excellent touch. This is a great piece!

Melissa ;-) said...

Very fun, Gene! I really like it.

Pat said...

Your artistic talent really turned this piece into something special, Gene!

Miss Hillbilly said...

That is pretty! I have fabric paint but I never think to use it...my creativeness needs a makeover or something.