Thursday, August 18, 2011

Faster and Easier

I cut all of these while watching part of a movie. 

Don't think it looks like much? 
Look again with the stack I cut the slow way. 
The "little" stack in the front took over 30 minutes to cut with the rotary cutter- and I had to pay close attention. See how many more I cut with the AccuQuilt 2" square die.  It cuts six at a time and up to six layers at a time. 
Yes, there are almost 200 squares in the back stack.  - I confess that I haven't counted the small stack.  I need to add a few more color values, but I am well on my way to another watercolor project. 
Now that is the way to GO!


3 comments:

Sue said...

Great cutting Gene, I hope you'll show us the finished quilt soon.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Woohoo! Hooray for the GO! cutter! You'll have all the squares you need in no time :) Have a wonderful weekend, Gene!!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I've been seeing so many easy cuts on the GO, I might have to break down and get myself one!

Linda