Saturday, August 27, 2011

Office and Factory Fun

As I mentioned in my last post, I got an opportunity to fly out to Nebraska and visit AccuQuilt headquarters.  I am sure some of you remember the Barn Quilt contest and unveiling.  They still have the Winner and runner up displayed on the building. 


The "bike" in the lower right belongs to Tim the Harley Quilter - CFO of AccuQuilt.
There are lots of quilts inside the office area.  Just look:



There were more, but I didnt' get to take pictures of them all.  

I met some nice people too. Carolyn and Tim were in the hallway. 
Steve Nabity was smiling as he showed me the quilt he made. (look on the floor behind him - I do believe I see a GO! cutter. )
And outside I saw Lee Nakamoto and Tim - the Harley Quilter - someone (not me!) had left Tim a surprise on his bike. Lee apparently thought it was pretty funny!
It was....some lady left a lipstick kiss on his mirror. So he puckered up for an "onscreen kiss" 
I don't know if you can see the lipstick in the  mirror...but trust me it is there. 
I had fun!  I also saw inside the factory but I was too busy looking to take any pictures. Silly me!


9 comments:

Barbara said...

I wonder how many non-quilters pass that building with the word "GO" on it and have no idea what it means.
Looks like you went to a fun party!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great photos, I bet that was a fun place to visit!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I'm just a little jealous.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea AcuQuilt GO was located in my home state of Nebraska! Go figure!!! But then, all kinds of good things come from Nebraska. I've seen alot about these cutters lately and I'm SOOOOoooo tempted!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I"ve been out of touch...busy so I've got to get back and read your last post...I didn't know you took a trip.

Kelly

Unknown said...

I've been out of it the past few days, Gene. This is COOL as beans! I'm heading over to read previous posts.

limpingalong said...

Gene, Happy Cat arrived in today's mail! She is so cute -- I'm excited about what she is going to help me make. I'll send a picture when it is completed. Thanks loads

Pat said...

Catching up on blogs now that I am home. Thanks for the photos. I'm sorry I had to miss the trip. :(

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, it does look like a fun time for you!