Monday, August 15, 2011

Help! I need somebody, HELP!

Yes, that is a Beatle's song from my, ahem, childhood. 


I need two kinds of help. For one of them, I am calling in the professional. 
I started cutting some more 2" squares for doing more watercolor quilts like my "Monet Garden" that you have seen in stages.   Fortunately, I won those 2" squares. But now that I am hooked on the technique, I have to cut them myself.  I cut from scraps for about 20-30 minutes. (I wish I had timed it!)  This is what I got from my work:
Yes that is all I got cut in that time. I do like precision cuts. So I decided to stop cutting the hard way.  I sat at my computer and ordered the AccuQuilt GO! 2" square die. It will cut six squares at a time and up to six layers. That is 36 squares cut in a couple of minutes. Hmmm... Yes it is worth it to call in the professional. I will get the die in a few days and I can cut the squares quickly. 


Now for the help I need from you, my wonderful readers. A while back one of my dear friends sent me a link to Connecting Threads. They had an open call for fabric designers. I have been wanting to design a line of fabric for quite some time now.  I submitted several designs. Today (Monday the 15th)  I got the email saying that voting is open.  I checked and found three of my designs in the running.  You can help me to win by going to vote for my designs at the website.  
Here are my three designs:

I had two other designs that I submitted, which were not put in the running.  My opinion is that those were better than these three.


The good news is that you can vote for all three of them if you wish. (I would love it if you did.)  


The "bad" news is that there is some really good competition out there.  


So as the Beatles sang, "won't you ple-e-ease - Help Me!" and vote for my designs. 

19 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'll vote - just need the link. Can't see it on your post (or many I'm not looking properly?)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I voted. Good Luck Gene.

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Gene I too would like the link. Went to the Connecting Threads site and even after searching for fabric designer voting couldn't find anything. Would love to vote, so send me the link please.

Andrea said...

All done Gene- I do like your designs and am sure you'll do well xx

Donna said...

Voted. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Done! You're right, there are some good ones over there, but I really do like yours the best. Squiggle Rose is particularly delightful! Would love to see the ones that didn't make the cut.

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Love your designs Gene, I went and voted...

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

You bet I'll head over....right now :) Good luck to ya Gene!

Smiles,
Kelly

Royce said...

I've voted on one but will return and vote for the others too. (wasn't sure if I could) Good news on the new die - they are so worth it in the long run.

Snoodles said...

I voted! Good luck!

Quiltingranny said...

I voted Gene, good luck!

Quiltingranny said...

I hope you don't mind, I used your fabric pics on my blog and posted so anyone from my blog can vote for you as well. Many best wishes! If you want me to remove the pic, I will!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I voted for all 3 of your designs! I especially like your Heart On My Sleeve.
Great decision to get the 2" die for cutting all of those squares. I'm sure it will reduce your cutting time.

Erzebat said...

voted for heart on my sleeve
(mauh) Liz

Dawn said...

Congrats on getting some fabrics included in the voting! I voted for you, I loved your colors :)

Cyndi said...

Hey Gene! I LOVE all three of your fabric designs and voted for each one... I really hope you win!

Oh, and I'm sure your hands are going to thank you for ordering that 2" GO! die! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Katrina said...

Gene you will love your 2" square die! It has transformed by leaders and enders 2" squares into something really enjoyable to cut! When I think about the thousands of 2" squares I cut by hand I absolutely shudder. I voted for your fabric - good luck!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Of course I will vote for you Mr Creative!!!!