Monday, December 26, 2011

Angel Quilts Delivery

Here is the rest of the story as promised.  On Christmas eve, we went to the shelter to deliver the quilts.  Most of the resident youth had gone home for a Christmas visit.  However, there were a couple of youth there. Sorry, but there are no pictures of them due to privacy issues.   There are some pictures of me with Ms. Jackie, who was working that day.  I have to say that meeting Ms. Jackie was a true delight.   Her face seemed to light up and glow from within.

So here are a few pictures:
Looking at the quilts
 
All the quilts on one of the sofas

Merry Christmas!

We sat in the floor and smiled for the photographer

And we did the drawing for the prizes.  The winners have been notified.  Thanks to all of the people who supported this effort. 
The audio is low in this video, but I hope you can hear what Ms. Jackie says.



Don't you love the joy Ms. Jackie shows in receiving these for the shelter?  As you might have noticed, her smile is contagious.  I watched this and realized that I grinned the entire time. 
While you didn't see the residents, let me tell you.  They were thrilled too. Each one that was there got to pick the quilt for their room.  I loved it when one of them wrapped the quilt around herself.  One read the label and was amazed that the quilt came "all the way from Virginia."  
As Charlie said in that old television show "Thanks Angels!"


11 comments:

Barb said...

That is just awesome Gene, what a way to celebrate Christmas!

Rhonda said...

Barb said it all. Great way to celebrate Christmas.
The video said "private" so I couldn't view it.

Rhonda said...

Gene, you are a true "ANGEL"... It's fixed and I'm hearing loud and clear.

Pat said...

Oh, Gene.......you should have warned me I'd need tissues to read this post and watch the video. I am so proud to call you my friend! I'm sure you made a difference in the lives of those young people.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Gene. The true spirit and meaning of Christmas is shining through!!!The joy of Giving. God Bless. :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I am so happy to have been able to participate in such a wonderful project and then to be one of the lucky winners! WOOHOO!!! Thank you so much for making this all happen, Gene!

Heather said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful way to show love to others, it must have felt great to be a part of this!

JJ said...

That is wonderful. It warmed my heart to see the response you got. So many good people and you are one of them. Thanks Gene for caring.

sewtakeahike said...

What a joyfilled and uplifting post, Gene!

Unknown said...

look at those lovely, lovely quilts...can I come over and just roll in them!!!!!