Friday, December 16, 2011

New computer- new project

I finally got a new computer, an iMac, so there is a learning curve.  I think I will like it once I get used to it.

Now how about a little look at a Christmas project.  I know it is probably too late for this year, but I am putting it out here anyway.  I made this for my supervisor at work. (okay small frustration, can't find the pics to upload)

The wallhanging

Some detail shots:






This is how i felt to get it made and delivered.  Yes that is me in the cube farm (work.)


I used two AccuQuilt Go! dies to cut the trees: GO! Equilateral Triangles and GO! Isosceles Triangles Everything else was cut by hand and embellished with a wavy blade on my rotary cutter. Isn't this a fun project?  My supervisor loved it.  

15 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

I love it!!! Congratulation on the new computer!!

Barbara said...

Very pretty, yet whimsical all in one! Of courses, I love the bling on it!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is a fun project!
iMacs are awesome! Have fun with it.

SewCalGal said...

Great job Gene. Love it.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Very cute Gene! And congrats on the new iMac you will LOVE it!

Rhonda said...

Good job, Gene. And I really like the quilting.

Pat said...

What a cute wall-hanging! I'm sure the supervisor was very pleased with it! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you are mastering your new computer.

Barb said...

FAbulous Gene, and there is that smiling face again!!!

Amy said...

Congrats on the imac! Very cute Christmas project.

Royce said...

The wall hanging is so pretty, really like the sparkles and trims. Welcome to the world of mac I love mine.

Melissa ;-) said...

It is a great project, but the smile was the bow on top!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful wall hanging and congrats on the new computer!

Snoodles said...

That is fabulous! Love the quilting, and the "bling" too! Great job! And good luck with the new computer!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love it Gene! A tree with all the 'bling'.

Merry Christmas and enjoy your new toy.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a wonderful wall hanging! Your work is always the best. I can see why your supervisor loved it.
My son-in-law has an iMac and absolutely loves it!
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Gene!!!