Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas; God Bless us every one!

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or happy whatever you are celebrating.)
One of our traditions is to give gifts on Christmas Eve as we tend to be pretty busy visiting all the loved ones on Christmas day. This happens right on the heels of a midnight Christmas service where I am quite busy in the choir.  Which means that not only was I awake, but I had to stay alert too. 


So here is a picture of me with two of my Christmas presents.  Actually they both are quilting related.  Yes I will explain. 
That lovely orange iron is the Velocity V50 which you can get at IHAN. The shirt I am wearing in the photo was actually ironed with it. (I almost never iron clothes!  cloth yes, clothes not unless I have to iron them.) This iron could change that...but don't hold your breath.  This iron steams wonderfully. We are talking super steam. On the two highest settings the steam is so fine you don't see it, but you can feel it. mmmm wrinkles can't resist the force of it.  Okay, I don't have to explain that one for quilting, do I?  fabric has to be ironed to cut neatly.


The other is Parallels desktop for my new iMac. It will allow me to run Windows from inside the Mac OS -thus I can run Electric Quilt - Ahhh....I see that lightbulb went off!  I can hardly wait to install it and try it.  


I am truly blessed. I hope you are blessed and happy during this holiday season, which will pass too quickly.  If I post again, it will be to put up a video that could be a blessing or a curse.  Ha ha...why?  Because I plan to sing a Christmas song for you. We will see how that goes...if you see it, I did it and it worked....if not, know I spared your ears some agony.. 


4 comments:

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas Gene!

Pat said...

Great gifts!!! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Merry Christmas Gene Black! Enjoy your gifts!

limpingalong said...

Merry Christmas, Gene. Hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you!