Monday, December 12, 2011

Quilters Are the Greatest!

I have to say that quilting folks are amazing.  The call for angels has been a success.  I am still expecting a few more quilts, but I had to share today's joy.   I will  not post pictures simply because I can't right now. (sigh)  However, you can see two of the quilts on a post at Patchwork Times.  I will tell you that the pictures do not do these quilts justice. The one that I am calling Scrappy Stars (at the bottom of Judy's post) is much more glorious in person.  I liked it in the picture, but in person WOW it pops.   I can't wait to see someone smile when they get this one.

I also got quilts from an anonymous donor, Linda at Stray Stitches,   and there is a quilt from Barb Sherwood in Virginia.  Thanks my angels!

These quilts are just amazing. I am taking great joy in admiring them in the brief time I will have them.  I knew it already, but I have to say it again:  Quilters have heart!



7 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Gene, I have a quilt ready to go if you still need it. Just let me know and send me an address and it will be on it's way.

Pat said...

I'm glad it all worked out for your project to give those kids some quilts. I knew Judy would come through with something nice...she has a heart of gold AND is a very talented quilter (as you have seen when you opened her quilts)!!!

ooglebloops said...

I bet the quilts are gorgeous - and I'm working, working, working on mine!!!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm glad that I was able to help with your project. Glad to hear that it was such a success!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is so great! The quilts are beautiful and I am sure they will be loved.

limpingalong said...

I went over and looked at the Scrappy Stars -- wow, that is certainly pretty. How fortunate that everyone had quilts to help with!

Snoodles said...

So glad you had a good response to your call....have a merry Christmas, my friend!