Sunday, July 01, 2012

Block 4 -Update

After finishing my block for the Beginners Quilt Along, I thought it needed something. So this evening I put it in the hoop and added an applique star.
(Ignore that string on the top left of the photo!  and ignore the wrinkles too - I didn't press it after taking it out of the hoop.)  I didn't get the star quite centered in the block, but if I position it correctly on the quilt top, it will look great. Of course now I am thinking that I will have to embellish a few more with embroidery.  Should I stick with stars or maybe do a variety of embroidery designs?
By the way, the applique is a die cut star that I cut using my Accuquilt Go. The delightful embroidery is by Marjorie at Marjorie's Quilting Bee. (embroidery files can be purchased HERE)

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the added star!

Average Quilter said...

I think I'd use different designs - but that is just me.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The star was the perfect addition to the block. Why not wait and see what the other blocks might call for before deciding if you will use all stars?

Melissa said...

I love it! Adds lots of character and some visual interest!

Kate Brown said...

I love the star on it, looks great. If it were me, I would wait and see what it needed, but I wouldnt put too much embroidery in it as I think these blocks look a bit too traditional for it. The ones you have done look great the way they are. Maybe a few random embroidery blocks.

JJ said...

The star was a nice addition.

Snoodles said...

Perfect design for the center! I'd use all different designs, but that's just my quirky side showing. LOL
Great job!