Monday, July 23, 2012

Goodies in the Box

Lately I got a some of NICE things in the mail.  Last week I got this lovely charm pack that I won from Quilt Taffy.
It came with this sweet note AND a nice little coaster from Quilt Taffy.  How cool is that. I love Sandy Gervais designs, so I will do something fun with this charm pack.

Then today, I got this envelope in the mail:
Hmm... what could be in there? I looked at the return address and made ooooh noises. Why? It said...well you will see in the picture
Can you see that? it says "Quilting Lodge"  I won these lovely fat quarters. They were tied with what I thought was a thin ribbon, but is actually tiny fabric trimmings. (an idea to remember!)  The one on top absolutely sings to me.  The giveaway was from the Quilting Lodge but it was hosted by Quilting by the River.  Two great things that go great together (the Lodge and the River. )

Then there was a box that I was totally not expecting.  It had several things in it but the thing that made me dance and go SQEEEEEE was this:
 A Fat Quarter bundle (and two larger pieces.)  The label says 27 piece.  There are 25 FQs and two other pieces that I think are a half yard.

I am not going to name the person since this was done as a surprise and I don't know how she would feel about the disclosure.   What I can tell you is that this was a thank you for something I did.  I really didn't think it was a big deal. I was just helping a friend out. (and it didn't cost me anything except a few minutes of my time)   I did not expect any thing more than a thank you email.  (which I had already gotten and it made me smile.)
I guess my Mom was right. No, I know she was right.  It is always worth it to be nice.


10 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Lindo, SER BOM É O MELHOR QUE SE PODE FAZER PELO PRÓXIMO,E A GRATIDÃO o MELHOR REMÉDIO.Beijos.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well you are certainly set for Fall! All just wonderful - and yes, it truly is a good thing to be nice.

Snoodles said...

What wonderful things to receive....I'll bet you don't mind the bills as long as there are nice things in the mailbox, too! LOL
Yes, it's worth it - and you are one of the nice ones, to be sure. :)

Cyndi said...

Hey Gene! I'm finally back from my blog land exile and trying to catch up with my friends. What wonderful packages you received in the mail! And yes, your mom was definitely right... it always pays to be nice...and you are on top of the Nice List! :o) Enjoy those FQs!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Tangos Treasures said...

WOW!!!! NICE!!! Yes your Mom is always right!!!

Barbara said...

Those batiks would very nicely replace the ones I used in my last blog post, but then I wouldn't have depleted my stash. Does anyone ever succeed at doing that? Best to you, Gene...Mom is always right!

Linda said...

Wow! I want you're kind of luck! What a wonderful bunch of winnings and surprises!!! Your mom WAS right!

Marguerita McManus said...

Gene, you are, by far, the nicest, most thoughtful of others and most considerate quilter that I know and you deserve all the goodies that come your way - times two!

I love the Squeee Dance!! Can we get that Squeee Dance on video on your YouTube channel? I am *sure* that more fabric would miraculously appear if you made that video ;)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I can't think of a nicer person to receive all those wonderful packages....enjoy!!!

Smiles,
Kelly

Vesuviusmama said...

Definitely pays off to be nice - great goodies!