Thursday, July 19, 2012

Block 7 BQA

Block 7 BQA by GeneBlack
Block 7 BQA, a photo by GeneBlack on Flickr.
Just a little sewing. I made the block for the quilt along. I am so happy that ALL of the brown fabrics face the same direction...well with the exception of the appliquéd circle.

In other news, 5 more jars of preserves canned tonight. These five jars are raspberry flavored fig preserves. Hey, figs are all I have so I am making them different flavors so I have some variety.

The little applique circle was done using machine embroidery files I got from Marjorie.

4 comments:

Teresa Quilts said...

You did a great job on this block, Gene. To be honest, the fabric does not look like you, or something you would use. LOL I do like the pinkish color and the gold fabric you used.

Royce said...

Love the block and wow making jam how ambitious. I've never tried that. You will sure be happy with it for months to come. I noticed the other day when I was at my sister's she is using the bookmark you made and I use mine daily. We are really enjoying them. The others will be birthday presents.

Snoodles said...

Great job on the block, Gene! I would never have gotten the brown pieces right! :)

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the block!!! Yummm on the jams!!