Thursday, July 12, 2012

Block 6

The Beginner's Quilt along is already on block number six.  It was posted today and I actually got it made the same day.  Yaay me!
Here is my block (it is more square than it looks in the picture. )
I fussy cut the hibiscus print for the center of the block. Since none of the fabrics in the fat quarters I chose for this quilt along had a print that made a great fussy cut, I added a little of this I had in yardage.  I can fussy cut a few more pieces from it I think.  If not, there is the rest of the yard.  Ha ha.  Plus I need three more with embroidery or applique on them.  This quilt along is going so fast that I am thinking I may need to make a second version of every block and make a second sampler quilt.  I am really loving the blocks in this quilt along.
There is a nice button/link to the quilt along on my left sidebar - jut in case you are tempted!

4 comments:

Sue said...

It's looking good Gene.

Barbara said...

Love the fussy cut flower, makes it quite striking! Hmmm, maybe I need a quilt along to get me moving, will check the link. Very nice, Gene!

Kim said...

Oh this came out nicely. I am tempted but fighting it since I have several sew alongs going on right now and yes most of them I am doing in two different colorways. Oh go for the second set of blocks Gene you know you want to!

Happy sewing

Kate Brown said...

I still keep saying I am going to join this because I love the blocks you are making but it just seems to be going by so fast and i am too far behind.