Sunday, January 06, 2013

More Play -and an Announcement

I digitized another design with the Machine Embroidery digitizing software that I got. (The software is Embroidery Magic 2.)   I am calling this design "Diamond Delight."   I think it looks a lot like a quilt block.

This shows it still in the hoop.   I used textured  column fills in the the "red  orange" area. You may be able to see them better in this close-up.
I alternated the angles to add some variety to it. I used another texture in the inner section (light aqua) but it really makes the stitches too long in my opinion.  I did save the file in a format that I can continue to edit.  I have to say it is fun to do this.  I will probably use this piece as part of a small project like a notebook cover.

Now for that announcement:
In a few days I will be reviewing the upcoming book by Jennifer Chiaverini.  The title is "Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker."   I will do a small spoiler and say that I loved the book.  I will tell you more when I write the review - but if you were thinking about pre-ordering it, I will say: Sure! Go ahead, it is a good read.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gene,
I'm a little slow but is this new designing on the computer or on a computer sewing machine? or do you design the design and then do it by hand?

I do embroidery by hand, but nothing on a machine. ♥

Barbara said...

Delightful designing no matter how it's done. I try to keep my sewing separated from hi tech stuff, so I'm a little clueless as well. But it's really neat!

Cindy said...

I'm impressed, Gene. I have digitizing software but don't use it as much as I should.

Rhonda said...

Gene, you are really getting things done. Love you designing!!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

That design really does look like a quilt block, maybe you should draft it out for sewing! I've read or listened to almost all of Jennifer Chiaverini's books, I think the last one I listened to was The Aloha Quilter. I'm one of her biggest fans!

Jean(ie) said...

I will be picking up my new embroidery machine (Innovis-Isodore) later today. I can't wait to play with it!

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow! At first glance, I thought it WAS a quilt block. Cool!

Barb said...

It didn't take you long to learn the program. The book sounds interesting.