Sunday, January 20, 2013

Puzzling the Past

Puzzling the Past by GeneBlack
Puzzling the Past, a photo by GeneBlack on Flickr.

As some of you may know, I started this blog before I started quilting. It was originally my art blog. I started it as a place to show my paintings and discuss the process.
When I started quilting, it took over the blog (almost)
The picture here is an abstract piece that I painted in a workshop several years ago -2006 to be exact. Lately I have started "seeing through my painter's eyes" again. I have been feeling the need to take brush in hand and create in paint. Looking at my older works just may spark the flame. We will see!
Have a blessed day.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I really love this! Funny, I see a quilt in there. (the chevrons!) Spark, spark, Gene!

Anonymous said...

I like your painting. I use painting to express emotions. It always turns out so interesting! Glad you took up quilting too~

Barb said...

Your work is amazing, this one just speaks to me....it draws me in. Love it.

Rhonda said...

Gene, I love this painting. The puzzle shapes look 3D. You are something else!!!

Jean(ie) said...

I think quilting and painting go hand in hand. How exciting that you want to paint again. I can't wait to see what you create! There's TONS of inspiration out there!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sempre que vejo suas artes eu fico encantada,parabéns.Hoje 21/01 é o DIA INTERNACIONAL DO ABRAÇO.Sinta-se portanto ABRAÇADO.Deus te Abençoe.

Belinda said...

I know how you feel Gene. My first love is painting, although I'm not a great talent. I often get to missing it with my quilting and have to bring out the brushes periodically. This is a beautiful painting. Love the colors!

Beth said...

Lucky you having many talents. Enjoy whatever you feel like doing.

Snoodles said...

This is wonderful, Gene! I love the colors and it just draws me in and makes me want to look, and look. (It would make awesome "wallpaper" for a PC....Heehee!)

Royce said...

Looks like an art quilt Gene. Would be very interesting to see you combine your quilting and painting. I know it would be mind blowing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your painter's eyes are amazing! They are what make your art work and quilts so wonderful.