Sunday, January 13, 2013

Organize? ME????

Folks who know me well, know that I am not all that organized.  But I do want to be more organized.  I have ideas for organizing and I get things all sorted and neat.  Then I decide to "make something" -and that usually leaves a big unorganized mess at the end.
Oh well!
Anyway, on Saturday I made a hanging organizer with several pockets on it. There are two rows of pockets.  the longer pockets run behind the shorter ones. I think the longer ones will be great for things like my ruler to mark diagonals and maybe even rolls of stabilizer.
The shorter ones are just right for things like a rotary cutter.
You can't really see them in the picture because the bows hide them, but I added eyelets (or grommets) to put the ties through.  I had never put those in before but it was really easy with the tool I bought when I got the eyelets.
Have you made any fun organizational items for sewing supplies?

10 comments:

Barbara Arcement said...

what a nice pretty way to keep thins handy when doing a project. Seems I am always organizing my stuff. It is much easier when you can get you hands on things as you need them My biggest organization ongoing thing is my fabric. I finally found something that works. I got some Comic book backer boards on amazon and I wrap my fabric on them so the look like little bolts of fabric that end up looking like books and they fit on a book case so nicely.
I enjoy visiting your blog!

hugs from South Louisiana
beebee

Barbara Arcement said...

things not thins........your hands, not you hands....they look not the look.
too many mistakes in my comment...guess it is too early in the morning for me
oops,
sorry

Cindy said...

I sure have, Gene. I like organization. It doesn't mean there are times when things get a bit messy, but that's in a middle of a project or two. I made an organizer similar to this - but "show style" to hang on the wall or back of a door.

Yours looks great - will serve you well!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I like being organized but am always surprised at how quickly things get out of control. I keep things I need frequently in storage close at hand so it's easy to put away. The thing that helps a lot is that I tell myself I have to clean up for just 15 minutes when I'm done for the day. That has helped me the most.

Barbara said...

Yup, have done the same making of things, but what usually happens is I end up using them for something totally different than what was intended! LOL

Jean(ie) said...

That looks great! It'll be perfect for retreats and group sews...

Despite my efforts, I'm not organized either.

Jean(ie) said...

That looks great! It'll be perfect for retreats and group sews...

Despite my efforts, I'm not organized either.

Beth said...

I really like organizing. I really do not care for keeping organized. LOL So My sewing room could be in almost any condition.
I like your organizer. Great idea. I think we need them at work since our class room is not a large area.

Melissa said...

Great organizer! Totally brilliant!

Snoodles said...

Great idea, Gene! You are definitely more organized than I! :)