Saturday, January 26, 2013

A tip


I am not posting much this week since I am limited to using my iPad (I will explain that another time)

However, I do have a great tip for those of you using iPads.  You see there is this built in autocorrect thing that makes trying to do the "captcha" fill in vey difficult.  As soon as you hit the space bar it corrects your carefully copied text. ARRRGH!
The new captcha has a text and number - herein is the secret! If the number is first, no problem. Type the number and (repeat with me here) DO NOT SPACE. Then type the text and click post/publish or whatever.
If the text is first do essentially the same thing: type text DO NOT SPACE type number, etc.  the space is not needed and it makes it much easier to circumvent the auto correct.
And since a post without a picture is not my style, here is my painting  "Soft Summer  Dream"
I kinda think it is a pleasant one for the cold weather most of the country is experiencing.


17 comments:

Pat said...

Good hint. I really don't like that "capcha" thing (or however it's spelled)....but many more folks seem to be using it now.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your painting transports me away from the 6 degree temp this morning.

The smart phones and I pods are just too smart for their own good with the 'spelling' corrections.

Cindy said...

Will have to tell DD this. She does everything via her iPad.

Hilachas said...

Thanks for the hint. I always seem to have that problem. Nice painting.

Jean(ie) said...

I hate those word captcha thingies on blogs. If I don't get it in three tries, they don't get a comment.

Autocorrect is the bane of new technology. Hate it.

Jean(ie) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean(ie) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean(ie) said...

sorry, I hiccuped. :-(

Jean(ie) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda said...

Oooh, that's wonderful!!

I don't have a tablet of any kind. :( Sure wish I did though.

Barbara said...

Gene, I use only an iPad when not at home. almost all of my posts from last year were on my iPad. Did you try the free "Blogger" app? It makes posting easy for me.
Good tip about catcha, wish there was no such thing though.

Beth said...

I don't have a tablet, but hope to get one ;). Thanks for the tip.

The soft warm colors are so pretty, wish I was somewhere warm.

Rhonda said...

Great tip Gene. Now if I could just figure out now to add a photo to my blog when using my iPad....sigh!
Have a great week!!

Snoodles said...

I'm barely into the 21st century, Gene, since I just now bought a texting phone to keep up with our kids! Haha! Maybe some day before they become museum pieces, I'll get a tablet....love, love the colors of that piece! Warmth! Huzzah!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Nice painting, thanks for the tip. I was helping someone with her blog today and she was having probs trying to post. Wish we'd had the tip then!

Royce said...

I fell in love with the spell correct when it converted my boss's name from Elaine to Alien. It was a good laugh and I still think of it often when it gives me that wonderful red underline.

Royce said...

Well I hit done before I complete my thought - the thing on blogs can be a pain but before I put it on my blog I did get a very colorful link added to the comments which I had to rush (after much blushing) to remove. So yes they can be a hard nut some days and I've often had to do them over and over but I don't mind them cause they do save us from who knows what out there.