Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Little fun Sewing

I saw my blocks and pieces from when I took the class with the Gee's Bend quilters.  Suddenly I wanted to do a bit more of that.  I want to make a quilt from those blocks and add some of these to fill it out.

Same blocks but the colors didn't come out completely true on either photo. Also rotating them 180 degrees makes they look a  little different.  The three smaller blocks go together as do the larger two. I think when they are sashed in white and set into a scrappy quilt that they will all play nicely together.
Here are some of my blocks from the class that I will be putting in the same quilt.

The one on the bottom will not be a part of this though. At least not what I am thinking at this point in time.
If I haven't already used these for something else, they may go into the quilt also.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Can't wait to see how that turns out......very colorful and I'm sure it will be a fun quilt when completed!

Barbara said...

Great ideas for these GEEs Bend blocks GEEne! ;)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Wonderful blocks, Gene!! "What if" you took the "one on the bottom" and cut it up into smaller sections - and used it that way? The colors look like they will play nicely with the others - ;))

Barbara Arcement said...

looks like fun blocks to me...they will make a nice quilt

Sue said...

Those blocks look fabulous, how clever are you? Can't wait to see the finished quilt,

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a glorious use of color!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Playing around again? Get to work will ya! ROFL

Fun blocks Gene.

Kelly

Beth said...

Great colors! Can't wait to see what your quilt looks like with all those great blocks.