Thursday, September 19, 2013

More quilting

I am still working on the strip quilt.  But I thought I would show you some of the simple free motion quilting designs I am using.  I am not worrying about this, I am just diving in and having fun.  Each row is a different design from the one next to it.
On one narrow strip I did a very simple zig-zag line. It is super easy but it fills the space on the narrow strips just perfectly.  (By the way, this is shot from the back as is the next one.)

I call this a square or angled meander.  It is okay to cross lines and make complete rectangles.  I did in some places but not in this particular section.

And (from the front) I also did some circles on a string in the burgundy strip.
There is a "water" meander on the blue but there is also a wavy line printed on the fabric that makes it very difficult to see in the picture.

As I mentioned before this quilt is for the Quilt Angel's project.  You can also click the tab at the top to get there.

Also don't forget the amazing Craftsy sale that continues through Saturday September 21st.  Classes and products are up to 75% off!  Some of the classes are as low as $9.99.   Of course there are some free classes too if you aren't ready to purchase a class. 

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.  

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

5 comments:

Susan said...

The quilting looks great, Gene! Charity quilts for kids are great for trying out new designs!

Barbara said...

The FMQ King is at it again!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilting is looking amazing. It looks like a fun quilt.

Pat said...

Good work and not as boring (to do OR to look at) if you do something different in each row!

Beth said...

Great FMQ patterns.
The quilt show is over now, and I am nearly done with my part for the show. Now I hope to take stock and see what I can get done and how soon.