Monday, September 02, 2013

Finished This One

The second weaving project is finished. I haven't yet washed it, but I took some pictures anyway.

I was planning for this to be a scarf, but it is a bit wide.  I think it will make a lovely table runner.  There are a couple of oopsies in it but I am thinking I know how to fix those.  So I need to do that before I wash it. Then it will all tighten up evenly  I love the way the pattern developed in this piece. The variegated yarn did a lot of the work.   Adding the two yellow stripes in the warp pattern did some of the work also.  For the weft, I switched back and forth between the variegated and a solid purple. Switching yarns in the weft while weaving adds some work, but it also adds bands of color.  When those bands of color are combined with  the stripes in the warp, you get a lovely plaid.

Now, I need to do some quilt making!  The trick will be deciding how to juggle my time between quilting and weaving.

Linking up to Link A  Finish Friday

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!

(No, I do not need a loom...no, I do not need a loom...no, I do not...)

Marjorie said...

I can see how this would be addicting, as you watch the colors/design develop as you weave.

Pat Merkle said...

You are soooooo talented Gene!

Pat said...

I love the colors and the pattern that developed! Yes...a wonderful table runner, for sure!

Barbara Arcement said...

very pretty. you did a great job on this one.
I did one in black and white that turned out nice.
careful though....weaving can become an addiction.

Beth said...

It looks amazing! I can't believe that this is your first project on that new loom. I see lots of beautiful weaving in your future.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

It's absolutely amazing! It will definitely make a beautiful table runner. It's hard to believe it's only your second project on the loom!

Vicki W said...

All of your color training is really paying off in your life new hobby. This looks great!

~Laurie~ said...

WOW! YOU made that!! Nice work - the colors all look so even. Beautiful!

Holee said...

Gene, that is just beautiful! I can see it on the Thanksgiving table!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Beautiful, hard to believe this is your first one. There will not be enough hours in the day for all your creative projects. Now I want a loom too.