Saturday, September 07, 2013

Plans for the day

Since I have to stay in for most of the day due to commitments,  I can at least sew and weave.
Today I have picked out some fabrics in blue and yellow to make blocks for the "Big Block Blow Out" at Alycia Quilts.
One of the options is blue and yellow blocks so that is what I am making.
I also have a piece on the loom that you can see part of right now.
I have used some fun yarns in this.  A section that is rolled up there has sparkly threads in it.  I have a plan to sew with this.  We will see how it goes!

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Enjoy your weaving and sewing today

Barb said...

Have a smashing day!

Holee said...

What great fun the weaving is! The artist gets to pick the design and add some fun to it with different kinds of yarns. We'll soon be weaving in the barn. Wool is washed, dyed, combed and the Amish girls are spinning it as we speak. We won't be doing sheep to shawl as we are new learners but we'll be at the farm show watching those with experience. Love your blues...have a fun weekend!

Katrina said...

I love seeing your weaving!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like a great day to me. Your weaving is beautiful!

Susan said...

I agree...sounds like a perfect day!

Jennifer Thomas said...

How interesting to see how the weaving is coming along. The last time I stopped by you had just purchased the loom. I'm also sewing a blue and yellow quilt. Mine is all stars. Have a super day!

Barbara Arcement said...

love your weaving.....I need to get mine ready to go again!