Thursday, October 02, 2014

Using some Stash Fabric

I had a great reason to use up some stash fabrics.  There is so little we can do in some instances to help someone. When we have the opportunity, we should grab it and rejoice.

I took some Connecting Threads leaf print, some batik, some Kaffe Fassett print and a solid pink from my stash.  I cut it up and sewed  these caps.  I hope they make the recipient feel lovely.  I understand that Chemo can be painful, both physically and emotionally.

I have lost some of my hair but it has been over years - not days as a chemo patient can lose hair.   I have been blessed with generally good health for all of my life. For that I am so thankful.

So it is with joy that I share my talents for those who are not so blessed.  I always like to find out what colors a person enjoys when I am making these caps. I was told pinks, blues and aquas were good colors for her. So I searched my stash for pinks, aquas and blues.  The Kaffe print is more pink than it appears in this photo. I truly hope that wearing these chemo caps bring some small comfort.

Remember to do good in all that you undertake for in doing so you bring joy to others and to yourself.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Gene, the chemo caps as well as the sentiment that went into making them.

Jean said...

Everything you said is so true. If more people did this it would be a better place. We as humans have our limitations, so we do what we can and pray it rubs off on others to give.

Beth said...

Always a good thing to remember..
more lovely chemo caps

Barb said...

Love the caps, you are always so generous with your resources and time!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Gene, what a wonderful and caring gesture to make those lovely caps. I know the recipient will love them.