Thursday, January 23, 2020

Progress - The Night Sky

Today there was a nice bit of progress as I worked on The Night Sky quilt for my nephew.  I started with about eight large pieces.  I sewed some long and short seams to get the pieces joined.  Then once it was in three pieces, I took this photo to show you.

It is so large that I couldn't get it all in the photo.  It hangs nicely off the edges of my queen sized bed.

Here is the basic layout from EQ. 
You may notice that I changed the center block completely. I think that change gives it a little more "Pow!"  Don't you?    I also changed up the fabric in one of the blocks.  It added a bit more white to the design

The next step is to layer each section and quilt each of them. Then I will join them together into one big quilt.  I am excited with this progress. But I know that the next part will be time consuming. So if I don't post, don't worry.  I am probably working on it. But, I hope to post some of the quilting progress photos as I go.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

YES! - I LOVE it!! - The center block change does add more "POW" - and the addition of the extra white in the other blocks lightens it up a bit. I like how you assembled it in three pieces - it's easier to quilt smaller sections - and your QAYG technique will work nicely - ;))

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Love your color selections. Wondering if you use Accuquilt dies to cut out the blocks. I just invested in the Accuquilt cutter and I am amazed how much time it saves me. Very nice job Mr. Gene.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is really nice. Very striking layout. He will love it.

Frog Quilter said...

Wow!!! Great layout and the colors are striking.

Barbara said...

Your nephew will love this, another “Gene Original”. You always seem to know what a quilt needs for that extra “pow” factor. He will also be surprised by how quickly you made this!

Debbie said...

Great photo to show how a design can become a real wow quilt! I am sure he will love this.

Quilting Gail said...

Great progress!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue!!! makes all the blocks pop!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's looking great!