Thursday, January 02, 2020

Bargello - Decision Time!

The Bargello quilt is now in two BIG pieces.    I have been thinking for some time about how I will join them together. Does that sound crazy?  There is the option of joining them together like in the pattern. (although I did not remove the piece from the end of each strip.) 
So that would look like this
 Not bad at all....but a bit to much like everyone else's. Right? 
I mean how many of these kits did they sell?

Then there is what I call "The W2" or the "Two Blue W's"

And then there is this one that I call "Kissin' Cousins"
It moves the motion to the center of the quilt. 

The big question is "Which one do I want to do???"   
I can't decide.  So I am asking you to weigh in. 
Tell me which one and why you would use that one.

I also have a local consultant that will give me an opinion also.  
Then I will decide. 
And as they say "The Judge's decisions are final." ha ha

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm thinking 2 w's!

Vicki W said...

I'm not particularly fond of the first one but like both of the others.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The accountant in me votes for "The W2" - as I remember trying to get the W2s all worked up and out by January 31 - LOL. The first one is pretty - but you're right - it will look like every other kit they sold (if the maker follows the pattern). The last one is interesting but it makes my eyes cross and gives me a headache. Remember - you DID ask - LOL - ;))

Debbie said...

My preference is number 2 layout.....but you grab the one that reveals your heart and use it!

Frog Quilter said...

I like the last one, so pretty!

Barbara said...

Hard, but Ws wins out for me. I pictured each one on our big bed, and that one looked best in my mind. One thing I’m pretty sure of ...you will not pick the first one. It would go against your usual instincts not to somehow change it up and make it a “Gene Original” :)

Quilting Tangent said...

1 - big eyes - NO!
2 - to common - no!
3 - Kissing cousins - better!

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene!
When I saw the 3 - the original became a definite "no."
I do like the other 2, but I prefer the middle one, 2 Ws.

Looking forward to seeing which you, the ultimate judge, chooses!
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

Barb said...

Two...love the colors