Monday, December 30, 2019

Back to Bargello

I have not forgotten the bargello.  
Those pieces are right where I can see them every day.  
I want to have the bargello section of the top done this year. 
So now I am on a tight schedule.
The upper half is finished. 
Aren't those colors luscious?
 When I took photos, I had 10 strips of the bottom half sewn - there are 45 strips total.

The wind started blowing as I started to take photos- why does that ALWAYS happen?
 Right now, I have 14 of the 45 sewn.  
But I have all day tomorrow to sew. (Tomorrow is New Years Eve.)

Will I make it?  Will I even come close?  
The answer will depend on how I feel tomorrow
or
What comes up that I may need to do instead of sewing. 

Time will tell.  But at least I am getting there. 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Gene - don't stress yourself out trying to finish it this year - quilting is supposed to be FUN - so RELAX and ENJOY sewing it together - if you want some stress - you can always go back to work - LOL. To me - the journey is more fun than the destination - playing with a quilt is much more fun than looking at it "finished" - but then again - it's probably just me. I hope you have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

Oh sew pretty. Love it!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your getting there... The wind always blows on my quilts, too.

Pamela Arbour said...

It looks like it will be a large quilt. It took me a couple of times reading to realize that the picture is only half of the quilt. I know that is what you said, but the picture and the text didn't register with me. I am sure you can finish the bottom half today. That is, if you don't do anything else. I can imagine that it is a little tedious and a little boring sewing those long strips and keeping the seems together. It is looking great.

Happy New Year!

Vicki W said...

It's going to be spectacular!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is beautiful and looks like a new year's celebration!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

I hope you didn't stress it too much! Sometimes loveliness takes time and this is a lovely quilt! Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss!

For the love of geese said...

This is awesome Gene. The wind is always blowing where I live so I understand the struggle. Just keep hitting the shutter button and one will come out close to straight. Wonder if you got it finished, I will have to go see now. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down, I love this.