Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I Shouldn't Have Done the Math!

The bargello quilt is underway. I am glad I love these colors.

If I didn't love the colors in this kit, at this point I would start screaming and maybe never stop. Ha ha
Here are eleven (11) strips sewn together. It is looking fantastic.  I was feeling proud and happy.....then I did the math.   I added up the number of strips and got 90.  I subtracted 11.   That leaves 79 more to go.  Oh my.... that is a lot of "sew a strip, press, get the next strip from the proper stack, find the right place to remove the seam, remove the seam, sew the strip.....and start again for that many more times.
I am thinking that I should have just made star blocks from yardage. LOL.  But I know what when this is complete I will love it.  Unless of course, I just go quietly (or screamingly) crazy.

See you next time!


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

My first and only bargello was a table runner. It drove me insane! But I have all confidence that you can do it!

Frog Quilter said...

Love how this top is progressing. The colors or fabulous.

Debbie said...

It looks fantastic....don't give up. Bargellos are time consuming and they do get boring, but so worth it in the end.

Barbara said...

WOW, Just Wow!

Unknown said...

ilike this a lot.ImadeONE.

Lyndsey said...

Lpl. There are some would say that as a quilter you are already mad since no one else would take big pieces of fabric to cut into small bits, to then sew back together into a big piece and call it a quilt. Love the colours and it really will be fabulous so long as the tedium of the processes doesn't get to you.

Kathleen said...

Some of these patterns are just over the top. It will be gorgeous but to save yourself, do manageable pieces at a time.

Katie said...

NEVER do the math!!! (Ask me how I know!) But it is going to be so worth it.

Anita said...

Looks good, and I know it will look brilliant in the end!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's looking AWESOME!! - To help with the tedium - try this - take the next four strips from the stacks - lay them out - in order - with the seam to be "unsewn" at the top - unstitch all four - then sew all four - and press them. If you do four at a time - it will still be the same number of strips - but will cut down on the number of times you have to do the up/down/unstitch/sew/press dance - LOL - ;))

Jayne said...

Progress is a good thing and this is coming along! If you didn't love the colors...wouldn't that be terrible?!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I love bargello quilts. Keep up the great work. It will be fabulous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

ROFL!!! Silly, Gene. NEVER do the math!