Monday, December 09, 2019

Up Next - Bargello

Back on December 24 of last year,  I purchased a Bargello Beauty quilt kit from Craftsy/Bluprint.  Then I found out that I was chosen to be an Island Batik Ambassador, so the kit went in the "someday" pile. 

Due to some family issues, I wasn't sure I could fulfill the obligation to be an Ambassador in 2020, so I did not re-apply.   After finishing my final Ambassador project, I felt a bit lost.  My surefire cure for any kind of blues/sadness/"change in life" is to start a new quilt project. So the bargello kit came off the shelf and was happily opened.

The kit is all solid color fabrics and looked something like this:
Lots of lovely colors - four of each - and even a chunk of black for the binding.
The quilt is supposed to look like this when it is finished.
Pattern Designer Carl Hentsch
I say, don't hold your breath! Ha ha. FYI, the kit is on sale at BluPrint.  When I was writing this, the price was $28.40. (That is less than I paid for it.)  There are 72 strips in there so it is a great deal.

The first part of making it is a bit boring.  You sew 72 straight seams to make four tubes of strips that you will then cut into various widths.   Here is one section sewn and joined  except for the final seam to make it a tube.
It is a beautiful series of colors.  I considered just sewing the four sections into a simple quilt.  But I really really want a Bargello quilt in my collection.  So I sewed all the sections into the four tubes.
This will make a bargello quilt that is roughly 55" by 70.  I am considering adding borders to make it bigger. 

What quilts are in your "I need to make one of those" list?

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

I hope you get this one finished! It's going to be gorgeous in the end. The colors alone are spectacular!

Vicki in MN said...

That will indeed brighten your day!

Quilting Gail said...

YEAH!!! You started it!!!
It's looking great so far! Making those tubes and sub-cutting are magical!
Looking forward to seeing more of your progress!
Happy Quilting! :-)
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - that is going to be so pretty!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

That is going to be an awesome quilt!

Anita said...

This will become a wonderful quilt!