Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Down Time - But the best kind

I have been quilting as I have time on my December project.  Since I am not showing that yet,  let me share a photo from my Thanksgiving weekend.  We basically had two celebrations.  The second one is where I met my newest Great-Nephew.  (It makes me feel old saying that. Ha ha.)
He is an absolute delight!  When we first arrived he was sleeping. After a bit, my niece said "Do you want to hold a sleeping baby?"  (silly question!  I almost always want to hold a baby.)  He slept for a nice while in my arms as you can see. When he woke up,  he wasn't fussy at all.  During the day, I held him several more times.  One of those was when he was sleepy and I sang softly to him and he drifted off to sleep.

I gave him this quilt as his first "Made by Uncle Gene" quilt.




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

15 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Awe how cute. Enjoy him. The quilt for him is also beautiful. Little babies have the most calming effect when held mmmmmmm.

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

Love the quilt and what an adorable baby. Lucky you.

Debbie said...

You are a natural! He looks so sweet and that's a great gift!

For the love of geese said...

So sweet Gene and a great gift.

Jeanna said...

What a lucky little baby to get such a lovely quilt. Happy Holidays, Gene!

Barbara said...

I absolutely LOVE the way this sweet, crinkly quilt looks off kilter on the chair! And your precious Great Nephew is indeed a memory for you to cherish. Awwww...

Vasudha said...

So precious. That's just the perfect quilt for a new baby.

Lyndsey said...

What an adorable quilt for the little man. I love the picture of you having a cuddle, he is a little cutie and there is such joy on your face

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww - so sweet - and a wonderful quilt from his Uncle Gene - ;))

Kathleen said...

It is such a happy thing isn’t it! Love his quilt - one lucky guy.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh so sweet. Thanks for sharing the pics and I really like the layout of the quilt and teddy bears.

Vicki in MN said...

Babies are the sweetest, congrats!

Julie Fukuda said...

Sweet baby and sweet quilt. What could be better than an uncle cuddle to go with it?

Sandra Walker said...

Well I'm scrolling back to find your November project which I missed, and here I see this wonderful photo of you and your grand-nephew (yep, makes me feel old having a grandson, so I get you). What a great photo; you can see how pleased you are! The quilt you made him is wonderful too, lucky boy!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a cutie! I haven't met my grandson yet (they live in Alaska, too far to drive).