Sunday, December 22, 2019

Zipper Pouches

This week I am backing off on the busy quilting stuff.  But I still want to make some things just to satisfy my inner "creative soul."

So I decided to make two more zipper pouches.  I had made some of these Sweet Pea Pods by Lazy Girl Designs  that I showed in my last post. I grabbed some pretty fabric from my stash - this stuff has been in there a very long time.  I don't remember where it came from.

I decided that the green zipper tape would be fun for this set. It is not obvious in the photo but the zipper tabs are slightly different greens. The one in the back is darker.

Now these are ready for quick gifts if I need them.

Monday and Tuesday I will be baking and cooking for our Christmas Day celebration. I am going to attempt a custard pie with a lemon curd topping. It sounds yummy.   I also have a recipe for a lemon pound cake that is low carb and keto friendly.  I am not doing keto, but as a diabetic, the low carb foods in the keto diet can allow some treats that I would otherwise have to avoid.  And most of us love to have a nice bit of cake on a holiday.  This one will allow Mom and I to have seconds if we want it.    I hope to have photos of my baking to share with you in a couple of days.  If the recipes work out well, I will post links to them.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

More lovely little pods to feed your creativity - perfect! Merry Christmas, Gene! Off to see family today...no quilting for me for a few days.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Cute little pouches!! Your baking sounds wonderful and is making me hungry - LOL. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Very Happy New Year - ;))