Saturday, December 14, 2019

Side Stepping - Squirrel!!!

A package arrived on my doorstep yesterday - I couldn't resist, it was on sale.  So this morning I made  a fabric pull from my fat quarter box to try it out.
 I decided to use a bunch of warm colors with a pop of black and some blue.  Who knows where it will go in time, but that is where I started.

You see, in that package was a new die for my Accuquilt Go! cutter.  

It is a 60 degree equilateral triangle. 
The notches are on the bias sides according to the package. 

I considered a ruler, but to be honest, I don't like using triangle rulers and they get "nipped" when I do.  The die will allow me to explore using 60 degree triangles. Then,  if I "need" a ruler to keep exploring, I can get one.

I cut some triangles with the die. 
you know I love using batiks!
Then I sewed a couple of short rows of them - just to try it out.

I can see lots of possibilities with this shape and this die.  I have no idea what these pieces will become, but I love it already.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I have that die and have used it a bunch. I think you will be quite happy with the die.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those "sales" are bad for my credit card - LOL - but that die looks like fun! I agree - if you're using fat quarters - a die is the way to go - but sometimes if I have a bunch of pre-cut strips - I think a ruler is more efficient with less fabric waste - ;))

Barbara said...

No need for them to become anything, they are already BEAUTIFUL as is!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh Gene, you and I are on the same page. I purchased the ruler, I thought about the die but I wanted a larger ruler. I did a few cuttings with it but put it away for a while. I actually ordered it from Amazon, they sent me a cross stitch "Joy" instead. I was so frustrated because what I was working on I wanted it now. Well....it took about a week to replace and then the mood left. I love what you are doing. Is a great scrap buster too. Enjoy your die.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, love the colours!

Connie said...

I love what you have started . . . it will be fun working with these bright and cheerful fabrics.
Happy Quilting!
Connie :)

Quilting Gail said...

How fun!!!
Looks like a beautiful way to use up scraps!
Happy Quilting!
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca