Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Blocks are Sewn - Night Sky

The Night Sky quilt is coming along nicely.  This morning I finished sewing the last blocks.
I really like this block.  It comes together so nicely.  There are 32 pieces in it.
There are eight blocks - so that means that there are 
256 pieces in the eight blocks! 
Yes I did the math. 
This one has the most pieces of all the blocks in this quilt. 
The block shown in this printout is only 29 pieces.  And there are 
eight of those also. So that is 232 pieces.
There are four of another star block 
This one has 25 pieces -
so that makes 100 for the four blocks.
And the center star has 25 pieces - there is only one.

So there are 613 pieces - so far.  
I am really glad I was able to die cut these pieces! 

Of course, I have to add the background squares that are 12 1/2" each. 
And there are 28 of those yet to be cut. 
Plus, since I am doing this quilt in sections, there are two front joining strips to cut also.
The grand total of pieces for the front of this quilt is 643 pieces.  

That doesn't include the binding or the backing.  

Here is the big pile of blocks so far. 

As I think about it, I may cut some of the background in "chunks" rather than squares.
That will lower the number of pieces in the quilt and save a bit of fabric also. 

** New Follower Sue Keida :  You are a no reply blogger so I was unable to reply to your comment. You can fix that by enabling your email address in your blogger profile.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I love all the colors in this. So many pieces, it’s a project and a half!

Marti said...

I like those blocks too. You piece quickly. I think I'd still be working on them next week.

Barb said...

This quilt is going to be so pretty when it done.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - I LOVE that last block! That color combination is wonderful - your nephew is sure to love it - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful blocks. The colors are pretty too!