Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Handwoven Vest

About a week ago, in my "Side Stepping" post,  I showed you the fabric that was on my loom.  That fabric was taken off the loom and wet finished.  Then I lived with it a few days.  I was looking at something else I had made when it said "make me into something like that."  So I did.










Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well done!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it!! It looks wonderful - I love the colors - and it certainly looks good with RED - ;))

Angie said...

So awesome. You are so wonderfully creative. That's the coolest vest I've ever saw! I love it so much! Enjoy your day! 🌞🌼🌻

Pamela Arbour said...

That was a great idea! You did a fantastic job on the weaving and the sewing! Perfect! I am impressed.

Judy H said...

Great job and creativity. Love it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice vest!

Frog Quilter said...

Very nice. Looks very comfortable.

Barb said...

I just love this vest and the colors, it is great to see you weaving again but explain to me the "wet" process

Barbara said...

I agree, looks great with red! I’m impressed with the matched shoulder seams. That could not have been easy. I also wonder about the meaning of wet weaving.

Quilting Gail said...

Gene, your vest looks fantastic!!! Well done!
I hope you wear it with pride!
Happy Quilting (and weaving!) :-)

Lyndsey said...

I love the vest Gene. The colour is great, it looks very comfortable and it really suits you. Great work.

Kathleen said...

This is a perfect finish for this gorgeous piece of weaving. You look terrific in it!

Julie Fukuda said...

That sure does make me wish I had room for a small loom in my rabbit hutch....