Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Free Motion Fun

Back in April of last year (2019) I completed a top for the LHQS 2.0 quilt along.   It was a lot of fun because you could choose the blocks you wanted to make from (I think) 99 different blocks.  And you could add your own choices also.  That is my kind of fun.
I made 32 pieced blocks and set them on point with sashing and cornerstones.

On Monday, I squeezed in time to get it basted.  Then on Tuesday, I started the quilting.
I am using various quilting designs in each area. I am making up my mind as I go - much in the spirit that the quilt top was created.  Here is a picture of some of my quilting so far.
I think that three or four of the blocks are quilted now as well as the sashings between them.  I am also using various sashing fillers to keep it fun.

Here is the original photo of the top from last year.
I think that I chose this one to quilt because the colors are so happy.
I have a small stack of tops that need quilted.  But this one is the chosen one, this time. 

I hope you are staying safe and finding ways to let your creativity soar.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Very beautiful! And so cheerfully bright.

Debbie said...

Perfect time to quilt this cheerful, fun, bright one! It looks great and is nice to get one done, isn't it?

Pamela Arbour said...

It's looking good Gene. You will be proud of this one. Good quilting.

Frog Quilter said...

How fun. I love quilting on the fly!

Jeanna said...

That is a fun and colorful quilt top, Gene. Your quilting adds to the fun of it.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
This is one fun quilt! I LOVE how you are quilting it all different - it's fun to do that, right? When I run out of ideas of what to quilt in a block, I quilt words ... all sorts of words ... peace, love, ... you get the idea ... one quilter I know always tries to quilt her name into a quilt.
Have fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your version - and the way you're quilting it! Mine is in my "Mountain To Be Quilted" waiting its turn to come out and play - ;))

Kathleen said...

You are doing a great job! I love the idea of different fills in the sashings.