Friday, August 28, 2020

Things Got Edgy

Sometimes life is interesting. Things can get edgy.  Thursday was an edgy type of day for me.



You see this quilt was sitting there needing to have a binding.  There was a Kaffe fabric that looked interesting in my stash so I decided to use it for the binding.
The selvedge print proclaims that it is Mirage 104.  

Since most of the print fabric in the patchwork is Kaffe fabric, I thought this would be appropriate. 

So,  cutting off an appropriate amount of fabric,  then ironing it nice and flat (not that it looks that way in the picture!)  I  proceeded to cut the binding on a bias. I confess to loving a bias cut stripe as 
binding on a quilt.  But this isn't a regular stripe so how would it work? The way 
to find that out is just to try it. 

I sewed the pieces together and then pressed it in half.  I sewed it to the front of the quilt and folded
it over the edge.  OOoooh pretty!  So I proceeded to sew it to the back. 

Now the "edgy" binding is on the EDGE of this fun, colorful, happy quilt. 
I think it adds an edgy pop of color and movement to the binding.  Next up, it will get 
the spa wash and heat treatment (machine washed and machine dried.)

Then I will do a glamour shoot when the weather permits.  

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Perfect!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it all after a visit to the spa.

piecefulwendy said...

Good choice! Looking forward to seeing the quilt!

Frog Quilter said...

That binding so beautiful and adds a lot to the quilt!!!

Joyce Carter said...

WOW! It is simply gorgeous!

Jeanna said...

The fabric is perfect for binding that quilt. Gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

Such a cool binding fabric!!
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That binding is SO PERFECT!! - ;))

Kathleen said...

What a great idea...I love that binding!

Sandra Walker said...

THIS--!!! Made my day. Love it Gene! (and the title is so witty too, grin!)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice binding!

Sarah said...

Great binding choice!