Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Quilted and Trimmed (and music)

I have been quiet for a while.  I took my time and enjoyed quilting this quilt. The quilting is finished and the quilt is trimmed, ready for binding.  Of course that is another decision to make. I may let it "rest" a bit before I do that.

I love the quilting I did on this one.  It will have a lovely texture when the binding is added and it gets washed.  I think the on-point setting makes the quilt have an even more lively look. 

Here are some close-ups of some of the quilting.


Some of the quilting was done by creating a path as I went.  The bottom photo is a variation on the "Square Flower" (Thanks Lori Kennedy.)  I just wobbled the lines as I did it rather than making them straight. 

Ha ha... in the first close-up, I see that I need to trim some threads. The second one has a surprise quilted into the sashing. Do you see it? 

Here is an alternate photo of the full quilt.


I gave myself the gift of a new Kindle Paperwhite since I am doing a lot more reading.  So, in the near future I will be attempting to make a cover for it.  I hope to share that with you before long.  Of course, I am chasing various types of squirrels and sometimes falling into rabbit holes.
One such diversion is music.  Here is a link to a song file of me playing and singing.  This is rough and "raw" - I simply did it and recorded.  There was no "second take" and no editing.  (you are warned.)  The song was written by Merle Haggard with Freddy Powers and Willie Nelson.  According to Mr. Haggard, the only thing Willie contributed was the title line. 
This song was recorded by Merle Haggard with Janie Fricke singing background for him.

I tried to find a way to add a player for it that would play here. But I was not successful.  If you click the link it takes you to Google Drive.  There you will just need to click the play button to hear it. I think you may be able to download it -if you want, I don't mind.  Just don't sell it. (Ha ha, not that anyone would likely pay for it.)
Here is the link.  "A Place to Fall Apart"

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

16 comments:

Edgar said...

That is a spectacular quilt.... and I love everything about it!!! BRAVO!

Lyndsey said...

Hi gene I love the quilt, the colours are so vibrant and the quilting looks really cool. I like your secret message in the sashing. I also really like you version of A place to fall apart. I click the link and then hit the play button and it worked no problems.

Sammy Lewis said...

Gene, you are one of the most creative people I know and have a fantastic eye for color. I look forward to seeing half of you smiling face again at OPAC.

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

Love the quilt and the singing. Thank you for sharing.

Barbara said...

I also “LOVE” this quilt!!! 😉

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your version of LHQSQ 2.0 - beautiful colors and wonderful quilting - and your version of "A Place to Fall Apart" - ;))

Vicki W said...

Such a pretty quilt!

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilt looks fabulous and you did a good job on that quilting. Thanks for sharing the song as well. Way to go.

Sandra Walker said...

Gene this turned out absolutely fantastic! You’re making me want to use a deep turquoise background for a quilt now. I love how the red pops and I love how you quilted it! How about a pink and red striped binding?!

Barb said...

I loooovvve this quilt, it is vibrant and fun. I enjoyed seeing your quilting on it. That is a lot of work to do all of that. Very impressed!

Debbie said...

Great job on all accounts! the quilt really turned out great.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the background fabric you used. It makes everything pop. Guilting is spectacular!!!

Kathleen said...

You did a great job quilting this. I love all the different designs. It is really fun to do, and freeing in a way to learn more.

Quilting Gail said...

Wonderful quilt!!! I love the variety of your quilting patterns ... that makes the quilt so much more fun to look at ... and I LOVE the sneaky love ... perfect!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Jeanna said...

I "LOVE" the quilting, Gene. How did you manage this large size on your domestic? That is the one thing I've struggled with during my 'practices'

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love the aqua fabric on the quilt. Very nice and fun.