Friday, August 14, 2020

More Free Motion Quilting

First let me say, "If you are looking for perfection, look somewhere else."


I have continued quilting along on the LHQS 2.0 top.   I did all of the setting triangles around the edges with a simple pattern of somewhat parallel lines.  They are more organic than perfect. 
 You can see that those lines are not all straight - but that doesn't bother me a bit. Once the entire quilt is quilted all those small imperfections in quilting will blend into a happy texture of quilting.

Here are some of the blocks. 
This one shows some of the sashings as well as some setting triangles. 

For this one I used a very simple fill that works well in a nine-patch block.


This design was planned as I went.  The lines wobble and are quirky.  But again, it 
will become just some more lovely texture when the quilt is completed. 

I am not rushing this quilt at all. I do a bit and step back for a while. 
When it is done I will have to decide which project I will work on next. 
I have (ahem) a few choices.  Of course I could also just start something else.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely quilting Gene. I love how when designs things are called organic, they are ok.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your quirky quilting - it adds wonderful texture and will be so soft and comfy when it's all done - ;))

Lyndsey said...

I love the quilting and the quilt will look fabulous when finished. I've given up on aspiring to perfection as it's so exhausting.

Quilting Gail said...

Gene, your quilting is truely organic! So much less stress! And in the end, it will look great! (it does already! :-)
Happy Quilting! :-)

Jeanna said...

I love the quilting and it IS perfect, in its own way. I was packing up some of my craft room the other day and found my box of "Gene's Flying Stars"... I really need to get back to that project.

Marie said...

Great job Gene, love the colors! Hope all is good up your way. Take care. Hugs, Marie