Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Improv; Curtains; and Mini-Me

Back in March - which seems a lifetime ago - I was working on some improv pieces.  Today I grabbed out the leftovers and had another playtime with improv piecing.

This is the piece I came up with:

Last time I created these pieces:
Today's piece is quite large in comparison to those.  I just kept adding while I binge watched a show on DVD.

Another thing I have been doing lately is working on genealogy. And since my mother has been going through things and sorting as she disposes of some unneeded paperwork that she has kept for waaaay too long; we have looked at a lot of old photos.  Here is one of me in - possibly second or third grade.  I certainly look like I was happy that day.

I am sure some of you wonder what happened with the bathroom curtains I was weaving fabric for.  The fact is, I finished it and didn't like it when I hung it up. So I pulled out some nice Home Dec fabric that I bought when I wandered into a store that was going out of business - probably early this year or late last year.
I really like the graphic design of the fabric as curtains,  and I love the way it lined up.  The secret is this:  The wide fabric was split down the middle and hemmed so that it would line up.

The other fabric is hanging over my kitchen window, but I am not thrilled with it there either - so no picture.    I am thinking that I may take it down and sew it into a different configuration to see if I like it that way.

One day soon, I plan to take another quilt top and get it layered and basted for quilting.  But for now, I have at least one more batch of fig preserves to can.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Nice curtains and they were basically free! That makes them perfect!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice improv pieces - and nice curtains - I like how you got them to line up - very clever. I especially like the happy mini-me - he's a cutie pie! - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

You know I love scrappy so your improv pieces are gorgeous. Love that home dec fabric.

Debbie said...

Your improv is another way to show out out of focus our lives are right now. I like the home dec fabric for the shower....good looking there. You were such a cute little one!

Kathleen said...

I like the way the improv is going and love the curtains. You will figure something out for the woven piece.