Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A Bit of Painting

The muse called me into the room where my paints are stationed.  I had been working on a painting that just doesn't want to play right now.  So I took it off the table and set it aside.  I found another partially done painting that I was never happy with and just started playing on it.  I decided to use cool colors - blues and greens - to cover all the corners.  That got the muse in gear and I painted for a while longer adding bits and pieces,  brush strokes and line-work.  

This is where it is at the moment. 



At this point, I am feeling happy about this odd little abstract painting.  For some reason I get a "beach" feeling from it.  With the cold weather we have been having, the beach seems very appealing. I must say that the painting looks better in person than the photo. For some reason, the camera causes the colors to lose some of the depth - making them a bit muddy in the photo. 

I don't know if I will leave it like this or add more paint. For now, it is "resting" at this stage. 

The quilt is still going along slowly.  I have layered another section and have begun quilting it.   I didn't take any photos. I am waiting for a "pretty" day to take photos of the quilting.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I see a couple different things in this painting each time I look. At first it seemed like a goldfish type critter in the middle, perhaps encased in ice or under water . Then I came back and had a feeling of being inside a colorful cave looking out through an entrance to the depth of a landscape washed in daylight. Maybe there will be something else as I look again. Nice!

Marlene said...

This is an exciting painting Gene! For what it's worth I saw/felt pretty much the same thing that Barbara mentions.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's amazing! I see Barbara's cave and your beach - ;))

Kathleen said...

I like the theme ... experiment, rest....experiment so more or not! You and the muse are having a good time.