Sunday, January 03, 2021

Quilt Update

I have been a bit quiet on this blog because I allowed myself a bit of a holiday from quilting. I am still planning to "go slow" on the rest of making this quilt.  But I made a leap Saturday night. 
All of the pieces are now sewn into the larger sections that will be quilted.  

Here is a peek at it placed on the bed in the configuration I am planning for it. 

There are two pieces of hand dyed fabric that I pieced into the last sections that I just love. 


Those are prettier in person than they appear here.  I can hardly wait to quilt on those luscious colors.  I will be fun to decide how I will quilt those squares.  

I am also working more on my music lately.  I am doing a lot of trial and error learning on the autoharp.  That is taking a lot of my time.  So far, I can only use it to accompany singing.  But I know that others use it for playing actual melody.  Eventually, I hope to be able to do that also. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Quiet times are needed to fill our hearts and minds with new directions. Playing with those fabrics and colors to quilt will be lots of fun for you.

Frog Quilter said...

I like how your top is evolving. So beautiful!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Go slow" - there is a certain "peace" in going slow - and enjoying it "as you go". Love your hand-dyed fabric and the quilt progression - ;))

Barb said...

Man of many talents...your quilt will be fabulous when you get it finished. Your dyed fabrics is just amazing.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Gene! Your hand-dyed pieces will showcase your FMQ perfectly. My son had an auto-harp in his teens. I don’t recall hearing actual melodies, just chords for accompaniment. I think of June Carter Cash playing her auto-harp while singing with her husband on The Johnny Cash show in the 60s. It must be hard to learn actual melodies!

Sandra Walker said...

I get twitchy when I think about quilting on those gorgeous pieces! Cannot wait to see what you do!I love where you've taken this quilt!

Quilting Gail said...

Love your newest additions! It'll be so nice!
Happy Quilting! :-)