Saturday, January 23, 2021

Starting Another Section

In case you are new here or have forgotten this quilt is being quilted in sections.  This is section six of eight sections.   I am quilting it at a leisurely pace but the progress has been faster than I anticipated.  Perhaps I am getting more confident in my quilting. 

Here are the first two squares I have quilted on this section. 

The second block quilted was this fun swirly flower.  If I have seen someone else to a similar design I don't remember it.  My idea started as something different. As I got going, I realized that this would be a fun way to do it.  I was right.

It isn't all "perfect and even" - but it is perfectly fun and adds great texture to this block. I have also quilted the sashing and border on this section.  

Yes, I am having fun with it.  I hope you are having fun creating in your creative space. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

You are doing a great job. I do believe it is easier to manage the smaller pieces and joining them is not so much trouble. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

I disagree, for me it is entirely “perfect”...as the saying goes it’s “perfect in its imperfections”. Handmade is so much more desirable than made by machine. Beautiful!

Frog Quilter said...

Such fun quilting. Funny thing about practicing, you DO get better!

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
I love your organic quilting!! Consistently inconsistent makes it perfect!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everyone else - your quilting is AWESOME!! - ;))

Barb said...

Wow.....you really are coming along and it looks great.

Vicki W said...

Love your flower motif!