Wednesday, January 20, 2021

A Finish - and More Progress

I am happy to report that I finished the small art quilt that I started in 2015 ---and restarted in 2021.  


Several people asked if this jolly little fellow is a self-portrait.  I will say that it was not intended as one. But the face we all know best is our own. So it isn't uncommon for "fantasy faces" to resemble the maker.  
Confession - I still need to add a label and hanging apparatus (sleeve or something else.) 

Meanwhile, I have layered and basted another section of my large bed quilt.  I can't remember if I ever named this quilt or not.  In EQ it has the exciting (ahem) name of HST Quilt. 

As you can see it is right there at the machine ready for quilting.  I filled several bobbins with an off white Glide thread. I love how much Glide I can get on one bobbin - that means I can quilt longer without stopping. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Your portrait is a cutiepie! Gotta love it! You are really doing well on your quilting.

Barbara said...

I hadn’t thought of your art quilt as a self-portrait, but I can imagine a resemblance! It looks great, Gene, so much fun.

Frog Quilter said...

A beautiful masterpiece for sure.

Quilting Gail said...

I like your whimsical man!

Vicki W said...

He turned out great!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your fantasy face - and he does look like you a bit - LOL. Great job on the quilting - I love the pebbles - great texture - ;))

Kathleen said...

Great finish. I often do those triangles in the corner for little pieces, so very easy and some people even write on those as labels...of course a little too late. I must say, you did a fabulous job with this UFO.

Barb said...

Your art piece made me smile.....amazing work.